Saturday, February 28, 2009

Missed Opportunities….


There are moments in our life that stick with us forever, like winning the finals, gaining acceptance to the universities of our choice, being there for the birth of your child or finally ~* meeting*~ that special someone.


The things that we do or decisions that we make at that very moment, can change the course of history as we know it, or so I have been conditioned to think, but that is another story, for another day.

Now I know most Muslim are prone to say, ” Allahu Allum” when things don’t go the way that they desired or expected, and I am not saying that Allah is not the decider of what is best for you, by no means am I saying that, but what I am saying is this: Allah has endowed man with free will, right? What if Allah has set things in motion so that what you desired was provided on a platter to you, only you didn’t realize it or because you let fear paralyze you, and you failed to act on the opportunity? I am only saying, “what if?”

How do you recover from a missed opportunity or an opportunity of a lifetime? Do you remain face-down in the dirt or do you have the audacity to make Dua to Allah for another opportunity or do you tuck it in and say enough and move forward, vowing to end pursuit of the elusive ~*opportunity*~? I am just asking, because, I recently had one of those rare opportunities that one gets, but I failed to act upon it out of fear, and I am not sure how to get another “perfect” opportunity like the one that I recently squandered because of fear……

He who refuses to embrace a unique opportunity loses the prize as surely as if he had failed.”
-William James (Pragmatist and Philosopher)




Breath Me - Sia
More at MP3-Codes.com

No comments: